Why You Need A Jade Roller
Today I got a facial with, Teresa and she used a jade roller on my face. Naturally I asked, "what is happening on my face right now?" She replied with the long list of benefits, which include:
- improves blood circulation and skin tone.
- improves elasticity of the skin.
- promotes lymphatic drainage.
- reduces puffiness and wrinkles.
- reduces dark under eye circles.
- eliminates toxins.
- since the jade remains cold even when in direct contact with the skin, it also tightens pores
I was sold. But I did some more digging because, what is this magic?
Jade has been used in traditional Chinese skincare for centuries. Over time it has found it's way into holistic spas and now, onto my face.
"Just a few minutes of massage (jade rolling) is very anti-aging. We overuse the muscles in our face—whether we bite our teeth or stare at the computer for too long. The roller can break through the blockage.” Found on Vogue.
"After applying your favorite serum or moisturizer, "roll the jade roller in an upward motion, working from your neck toward the forehead," says Chang. (Pores are shaped like roof shingles on your face, which is why they'll absorb more product from that upward motion.)" Found on Byrdie.
I'll be ordering mine off of Amazon right here.